Times-Shamrock Communications Inc.
149 Penn Avenue, 5th Floor
Scranton, PA 18503
Office: 570-346-6555 • Fax: 570-346-6038
OFFICE HOURS: Monday-Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Prize Pick Up Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
General Manager Terry Deitz 570-207-8561
Program Director Tom Ferguson 570-207-8540
Marketing Director: Mark Hoover 570-207-8568
Business Manager/Traffic: Donna Ryan 570-207-8569
Production Director: Leo Flynn 570-207-8554
Chief Engineer: Kevin Fitzgerald 570-207-8558
Traffic & Continuity Director: Mari Olshefski 570-207-8570
Persons with disabilities needing assistance with the contents of the FCC online public file should contact WFUZ by calling 570-346-6555 or by sending an email to email@example.com
Notification of Job Vacancies The Scranton Times, L.P., license holder of WEZX, WFUZ; and WEJLRadio is an equal opportunity employer. The Scranton Times, L.P. provides notification of full-time job vacancies to organizations assisting job seekers. Any organization which would like to receive notification of job openings at our stations should contact us and request to be included on our employment opportunity notification list. Organizations can make such requests by mail: The Scranton Times L.P./WEZX Employment Opportunity Notification 149 Penn Avenue Scranton, PA 18503 By fax (570) 346-6038 When making such requests please provide us with the name of the organization, the address, the phone number, the fax number, and the name of the contact representative to whom notifications should be sent. Shamrock Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LOOKING FOR A CAREER CHANGE IN 2020?
Shamrock Communications is adding to it’s team of sales professionals.
If you have sales experience and want to prove that you are worth more than you are currently making, contact Terry Deitz.
You will work with local businesses to show how Rock107, ESPN Radio & Alt 92.1 can be an important part in their marketing plan. Ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment, have B2B sales experience and is results-driven.
If you think you have what it takes, contact Terry Deitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shamrock Communications-Scranton is seeking a Promotions Director with radio, television, or digital marketing experience. The Promotions Director will be responsible for the promotional day to day workings of WEZX, WFUZ, and WEJL. The Promotion Director is responsible for the public face of the radio station, overseeing station appearances, the websites, the databases, and on-air contests and giveaways. This person has to be knowledgeable of marketing and branding, to insure that all promotional efforts are focused on the station’s goals and consistent with the brand. They must be comfortable interacting with programming, sales, air talent, listeners and clients. Position requires a high degree of organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
This position will require a strong understanding of social media, remote broadcast equipment, PromoSuite, Word Press, Adobe Auditon, Photoshop, and Powerpoint, Word, Excel.
This Position will also have the responsibility of a daily air shift on Alternative Station WFUZ.
General Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Develop creative, focused promotions and marketing efforts that reinforce the brands of our radio stations
- Identify unique promotions and marketing opportunities for our stations based on market events, pop culture happenings, etc.
- Find creative ways to further enhance our stations’ image and brand identity in the eyes of the public
- Develop opportunities for the radio stations to garner publicity and word of mouth advertising by creating public spectacles that are consistent with the various stations’ image/brand
- Maximize our stations’ impact at all public appearances, emphasizing crowd interaction, on-air presentation, on-sight visual appeal and drive-by visual appeal
- Manage execution of station events, being live on location at station events
- Manage contesting, execution of sales promotions, and annual station events.
- Develop professional proposals and one-sheets outlining promotional efforts for clients
- Oversee the radio station intern program and insure that interns are being utilized to the fullest and that they are learning from the experience
- Oversee the radio station websites to insure current, compelling content and design are always in place
- Develop promotions that are consistent with the brand image of the various radio stations that also serve the needs of our advertising clients
- Create revenue-generating opportunities for advertising clients to partner with our radio stations’ existing promotional efforts
- Oversee the listener databases of our radio stations, insuring continued growth
- Create and distribute professional press releases for station events and follow-up on these to ensure maximum media coverage
- Over see part time Promotions Team, scheduling, supervising, leading, and training
- Recruitment of part-time promotions tech staff and college interns
Requirements of this position include:
- A Degree in communications, marketing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Clean Driving Record is a must
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to effective delegate and follow-up
- Excellent interoffice communication skills
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a family owned radio group submit your cover letter and resume to Mark Hoover Program Director email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer….Drug Free Workplace
Deadline to apply is Friday, February 21, 2020
LOOKING FOR YOUR START IN RADIO?
ALT 92.1 is looking for part-time promotions assistants to join our Street Team! This is a great way for you to get your foot in the door and take that first step into the world of radio.
If you enjoy being out in the community and interacting with people, this could be a great opportunity for you.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, and qualified for, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SHAMROCK COMMUNICATIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.